This is public service announcement from the Wine Shop at Western Mountain Brook:
The weather outside is delightful. It is almost unprecedented to have such glorious weather this time of year. If you need further proof, click here. We at the Wine Shop at Western in Mountain Brook encourage you to grill out tonight. It is almost a moral imperative. We are almost never given such glorious weather this time of year. Here is our suggestion for a spectacular evening:
1. Clear your schedule for tomorrow morning, you will enjoy the evening more if you can saunter into work a little bit later. You’ve worked hard, you deserve this.
2. Call up a few friends and tell them that you are hosting an impromptu backyard BBQ tonight. Don’t e-mail them, call them. Let them hear the excitement in your voice. A phone call is more personal anyway!
3. Work up a grocery list. We suggest some of the following:
– Wine (of course). Selections too wonderful and plentiful to list here. We’ll square you away when you come in!
– Meats. We have Butterfly Duroc Pork Chops on sale @ $6.99/pound. USDA Choice Delmonicos @ $10.99/pound. Hereford 1881 Tenderloins @ $15.99/pound… and that is just a few thoughts!
– Beer. If you are manning the grill, you need a beer. This is America after all.
– Get some good salad fixins’. The tomatoes & avocaods are spectacular right now.
– Flowers, just because it is a beautiful day and you have an amazingly good life.
– You know what you need, you’ve made a grocery list before! These are just ideas.
4. Make a music playlist. Suggestions:
– Good Morning Vietnam Soundtrack.
– Your senior year of high school,
– Muscle Shoals, the old and new.
5. Come into Western and get your groceries, make sure you have the propane, charcoal, etc.
6. Enjoy your evening.
7. Catch fireflies, if they are there. Important note, it doesn’t matter how old or young you are… catch some fireflies tonight.
8. Take a walk around the neighborhood. Marvel at your good fortune.
Our contact information is provided below.